- Project Name : The Culture Station
- Project Vision :The transformation of idle Railway Station aims to create activity areas for leisure, travel, business, dining, exhibitions and play.
The Tower, Railway Station, Business Incubation Center, Cafes, Fair and landscaped gardens combine to create an extraordinary active space in the heart of Elini. Activities are designed for all age groups and backgrounds.
The urban framework approach for the railway area is imperitive in developing and retaining built forms that respond appropriately to the existing urban grain. Accordingly, the design strategies deviced are –
- Improved Streetscape – Upgrading the streets with defined footpaths, street furniture, landscaping and lighting for better walkability around the town.
- Accessible Green Network – Connecting the existing green open spaces within the town and proposing new ones for a well connected green corridor.
- Better Community and Social Infrastructure – Improving the look and feel of identified nodes in the city by activating the ground floors and providing ample sitting areas.
- Upscaling the Hospitality Sector – Providing Hotels and homestays within and around the town to promote slow tourism encouraging people to stay and work in town for a longer time period.
- Improved Town Legibility – Defining the town landmarks such as the scarlet tower and the scarlet trail for easy identification while exploring the town.
- Value Addition and Employment – Proposing infrastructure that helps provide employment and business opportunities to the residents of Elini.
Elini’s current population is that of 600 residents (As per the latest census provided by Google). For the town to attract people from all related industries, the assumed numbers are
- Future Residents – 400
- Business Tourists- 100
- Artists and Tourists- 300
- Hospitality Workforce- 300
- Homestay Tourists- 300